Grants & Scholarships
Community Grants Fund
The Community Grants Fund provides support to 501c3 nonprofit organizations located in or providing services to West Chester or Liberty Township. Please read the grant request instructions thoroughly and contact the Foundation with any questions at (513) 874-5450.
2021 Grant Deadlines
Spring Grant Cycle - March 5, 2021
Summer Grant Cycle - August 11, 2021
Fall Grant Cycle - October 25, 2021
How to Apply
Interested organizations should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to apply. All grant requests will be submitted online through the SmarterSelect application portal; please plan to upload electronic copies of all supporting documentation.
We advise that you contact the Foundation upon submission to verify that your application was received at (513)874-5450.
Eligibility & Restrictions
Eligible parties must be a tax-exempt 501c3 nonprofit organization as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and must be located in or provide services in the northern Cincinnati region.
Reporting requirements from previous grant awards received from the Northern Cincinnati Foundation (previously, the Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty) must by fulfilled prior to submitting another grant request.
Organizations may only receive support through the Community Grants Fund once in a calendar year. If your initial application does not receive funding, you may resubmit the request in a subsequent grant cycle.
- Ongoing operations, overhead, operational deficits or debt reduction
- Endowments or scholarships
- Annual appeals, membership drives, or fundraising campaigns
- Sponsorship for events
- Partisan political advocacy or for lobbying purposes
- Organizations or projects that use grant funds to make grants to other organizations
- Raffles, bingo or gambling-related activities
- Programs that result in the duplication of services (collaborative efforts are strongly encouraged)
Grant requests are reviewed by a committee of Foundation board members, staff, and community volunteers, and voted on by the Community Foundation Board of Directors.
The evaluation process may include a site visit and/or phone interview.