Grants & Scholarships
Christine Humphreys Impact Grant
About the Grant
Christine and Robert Humphreys were long-time West Chester residents and valued members of the community. After the passing of her husband, Christine knew she wanted to make a greater impact in her community. She wanted her fund to support “parks, pets, and quality of life.” In 2017, Christine lost her battle with cancer. We are honored to have been able to help Christine fulfill her charitable giving goals, and are grateful to be able to carry out her legacy in support of the causes that were closest to her heart. The Christine Humphreys Impact Grant will be awarded annually by the Foundation's board of directors to support projects and programs in West Chester and Liberty Township that align with the funding priorities listed below.
This grant does not support schools, youth organizations, or programs serving residents 18 years of age or younger.
- Restore or improve existing parks and green spaces.
- Create new parks or green spaces.
- Engage citizens with the outdoors by supporting good stewardship and appreciation.
- Support no-kill animal shelters and foster programs.
- Promote pet health through spay/neuter campaigns, medical equipment and supply purchases, emergency medical services, and education programs.
- Create community dog parks.
Quality of Life
- Increase citizen access to amenities such as libraries, arts organizations, entertainment, etc.
- Encourage community health & wellness.
- Support economic development and sustainability.
2021 Grant Dates & Deadlines
Interested applicants should contact email@example.com to discuss a grant proposal by Friday, February 12, 2021
Final application deadline March 5, 2021